Tuesday, May 15, 2007

countdown

In 20 days, I am going to have the first operation (and hopefully the only) in my life. Though I have fully anticipated its coming, and it's not a complicated surgery, the idea of being unconscious for a few hours still bugs me. I guess I am a control freak, and the thought of losing all control is not particularly comforting. While I know I actually don't have any control over life to start with, somehow I feel that I have some control.

The surgeon explained all the risks and all the possible side effects. All of a sudden, I feel like an investor sitting in the meeting room, listening to the risk disclosure and disclaimer of an investment idea. Weird feeling.

Time to be rational again.

2 comments:

DBJ said...

Will be praying for you.

I have undergone not less than 3 surgeries involving GA in my life (that explains the incredibly small amount of brain cells left in my head and hence my "bun-ness"), and it wasn't that scary actually. You just fall asleep and have a sweet dream while competent doctors work their magic.

Everything will be fine - just lift it up to Him!

沙律 said...

thanks for your prayers. can't imagine you have gone through 3 surgeries already...hope it was not something that serious.