Friday, August 3, 2007

Lunching in Central

I can't remember when I started this almost-weekly lunch with d, but we always enjoy the time when we could talk about work, life, church, friends over a bowl of fish ball noodle soup (魚蛋粉) or treat ourselves to a fancy lunch.

Today, we treated ourselves to Cipriani located in this old building in Central. I have longed for steak tartar since I made reservation, together with marinated salmon, I knew I would have more than enough to fill my stomach. The salmon was delightfully refreshing, which serves as a perfect starter for this ultra hot summer weather. The portion for steak tartar was much larger than what I remember, and it took me quite a while to finish the whole thing. Though I was really full, I couldn’t stop myself from ordering my favourite crepe suzette.

Though it was a pleasant lunch, it wasn’t good value for money. If my memory serves me right, it must have been the most expensive lunch I have ever had (but definitely not the best lunch I have had). Guess we will do a lot more $10 fish ball noodle soup in coming weeks to save up for our next fancy lunch gathering.

2 comments:

Howard said...

humm... it was

$$$$$ for food of *** and service was only **

should have taken more bread ><

沙律 said...

let's try something else next time. it's not difficult to beat this one with the amount we paid...